Wednesday, January 23, 2013

19 Weeks

After a couple years of blog silence, we have decided to start writing again in order to keep everyone (including ourselves) updated on the countdown to the birth of baby Tungseth on/around June 16, 2013.  We are getting so excited, especially now that we're at about the half-way point.  It's finally starting to feel real!




How far along: 19 weeks, 3 days
Days until due date: 144
Baby: Size of a mango
Total weight gain: About 2 lbs.  Pathetic, I know.  My only speculation is that I'm losing muscle mass in proportion to baby-related weight gain because I feel like I've gained way more than 2 lbs.  Time to hit the weight room, I guess.
Total belly growth:  5" added around the middle (most of it in the last two weeks).  I can no longer button any of my pants.  The Bellaband was a terrific invention, though, so I can just let it all hang out and don't have to worry about my pants falling down or my open fly showing to the world.
Baby movement: Just when I think I feel something, I convince myself its just a gas bubble.
What I miss: Deli meat.  I want a huge turkey sandwich so bad.  Guess I could have one if I heated up the meat first, but its just not the same.
Cravings: Up until now, I've craved hamburgers and steak more than anything.  But this past week, its been just plain old H2O that I want all the time.  Probably has something to do with the dry air from having the furnace on all the time, but I guess there could be way worse cravings.
Symptoms:  Many, many bathroom trips.  I had a small bladder to start with, but this has been ridiculous.  Drinking so much water probably doesn't help the situation either.  Other than that and being tired all the time, I've been very blessed with not having many of the other typical icky pregnancy symptoms.  My 10 year no-barf streak remains!
What Scott's been up to:  Scott has been diligently reading "The Expectant Father" book and preparing for the financial future of our baby.  He's already decided that the baby will be a boy named Tor Tungseth.  We will see about that.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for next Wednesday and are trying to be patient as we count down the days until we might find out baby's gender.  It's so hard to wait!  After that, we're leaving for a vacation in Cancun to soak up some sun before I'm too fat to travel or wear a swimming suit.

2 comments: