It's crunch time! The reality of our baby situation is starting to sink in more, but I think we are still in naive denial about what is going to happen in approximately three weeks. Both of us have been racing to finish reading our stack of baby prep books and we have a growing pile of baby supplies in our spare room. The ladies at our church threw me (Emily) a lovely baby shower last Friday, making everything feel even more real. But we are so grateful to have the support of our church family in addition to our far-away family family!
How far along: 37 weeks, 3 days
Days until due date: 18!!!
Baby: Technically full term - my weekly newsletter says he is the size of a wintermelon, but he feels more like a giant watermelon to me. The doctor says he is head down and getting in position for his appearance. I'm worried that the little guy is confused about which way is out because it feels like he is trying to ninja kick his way out the side.
Total weight gain: 20lbs and ever expanding - oofda
Total belly growth: 11" grown straight out, it appears
What I miss: Being able to see and touch my feet. Tying my shoes is quite the ordeal these days and involves some creative positioning and stretching/groaning.
Cravings: Cereal. I single-handedly finished off an entire box of frosted shredded wheat in 4 days last week. And that was while trying to show some restraint. I'm pretty sure I could have done it in 2 if I had indulged my every craving.
Symptoms: Night sweats, day sweats, puffy appendages, never ending exhaustion, constant need to pee, random drooling (is that a pregnancy symptom? or am I just too tired to shut my mouth and swallow my spit???). Pregnancy is fun!
What Scott’s been up to: Scott has been relentless in trying to get everything moving on the closing of our new house. And after a very long couple of months, his efforts finally paid off...we closed yesterday! None too early, but we are so excited to get moved in and settled, hopefully before baby decides to arrive. We brought a couple of loads of boxes over to the new place immediately after signing the closing papers and then dropped a bundle at Home Depot on "essentials" like new toilet seats and window blinds. We're hoping to get all the furniture moved over in the next week - so exciting!
Closing Day - we have a key and a new house!
So excited for you! Can't wait to see the baby and the house.
ReplyDeleteWe can't wait to have you here!
DeleteI love reading these updates! So excited for your new home and new baby :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
DeleteDear Em,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! you have the perfect prego belly by the way... :)
Here is one good tip...get the electric nose sucker...comes in handy for a few years...
I hope all goes well and congrats! children are a gift sent from above to show us the meaning of unconditional love!!!
Best wishes!
Kitty ^^
Thanks, Kitty! I'll have to track down one of those nose suckers...I wouldn't have thought of getting one :)
Delete