Tuesday, June 11, 2013

39 Weeks!

Any day now...
Doctor says baby is head down low in my pelvis and my baby-dispenser is fully thinned and 2cm dilated (as of last Thursday).  I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing too serious yet.  Luckily, we've had moving, unpacking, cleaning, and working to distract me.  But I'm pretty much to the point of just wanting it to happen and get it over with.  The last few days, that nesting energy has kicked in full-time and I find myself wide awake and raring to go at 5am.  There are plenty of projects with the new house in which to funnel this new found energy, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up!  Come on baby, lets do this!
39 weeks, 2 days.  I hope I can soon look back on this picture and say,
"Oh, that was RIGHT before I went into labor."


Can't wait to be able to see my feet again, pudgy and wide as they may be!


The room is all ready, minus one new baby


Scott has the nesting energy too and has spent every spare moment of the last week fixing things around the house.  He's replaced almost all of the nasty, corroded gold faucets and drains with pretty new ones.  He's hung a bunch of blinds so the neighbors can't see me walking around in my underwear (pretty much the only outfit that fits anymore).  He's replaced lights, unpacked boxes, installed locks, moved furniture back and forth between rooms (pregnant wives can't make up their minds where things should go), made tons of phone calls to get utilities turned on and appliances delivered, mowed the lawn, set up the garage door openers - all while still working full-time.  I don't know how he does it! 
We will all be ready for a nap once the baby arrives :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment