Friday, March 22, 2013

27 Weeks


We are cruising right along in this pregnancy.  When March 16 rolled around this week, we were shocked to realize that we only have 3 calendar months left to go before the due date. Yikes!!!  Nine months has never felt so short.  
27 Weeks

Now that I'm finally starting to look semi-pregnant, the crazy comments and stories are starting to roll in from people, most of whom I hardly know.  My favorite of the week happened on St. Patrick's Day when we were out listening to Scott's boss's Irish band play.  A completely random middle aged woman stood next to us and said to me, "What a terrible day to not to be able to drink!  But just think, once you deliver, you'll be able to have one beer and be totally wasted because your tolerance will be so low.  Then it'll be worth it!"  Umm...yep, good to know.  Thanks, lady.  

Thank you to sister Lydia for the Tummy Tatts.  They make it fun to be fat!


How far along: 27 weeks, 5 days

Days until due date: 86

Baby: Growing big and strong - the size of a rutabaga.  I'm always startled when I feel a sharp jab and then look down to see a lump moving across my belly.  There's definitely something growing in there - but we're still not 100% convinced its not an alien :-)

Total weight gain: 10 lbs

Total belly growth: 7.5"

What I miss: Soft cheeses, especially feta.  I'm going to skip the beer after I deliver and go right for a feast of deli meat and unpasteurized cheese.

Cravings: Peach Snapple.  It's very random and specific, but I just can't get enough!

Symptoms: I've been riding the Heart Burn Train to Crazy Dream Town every day this past week.  Time to start laying off the spicy and greasy foods.  Or maybe even foods with flavor in general.

What Scott’s been up to:  Working, house hunting, fantasy golfing, gearing up for March Madness, becoming a pro at his ninja fishing game...he stays busy.

A snowy, cold St. Patrick's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment